Solar Analyst to work on End Poverty in California with (EPICS) Solar project
Robert Stayton and SSRF are seeking a highly-motivated consultant to work on development of an EPICS proposal for submission to the City of Watsonville’s 2030 Climate Action Plan. EPICS is a program designed to provide every individual in California with a basic monthly income from the sale of the electricity generated by 10 kilowatts of solar photovoltaic panels, from birth to death and regardless of wealth and income. This program is based on Robert Stayton’s proposal in Solar Dividends—How Solar Energy can Generate a Basic Income for Everyone on Earth (Santa Cruz, Calif.: Sandstone, 2019). You can find out more about EPICS at https://sustainablesystemsfoundation.org/ending-poverty-in-california-through-solar/.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Interest in renewable energy and improving society
• Strong analytic and communication skills
• Proposal and grant-writing experience
• Coalition-building with like-minded organizations and individuals
• Engineering and design skills desirable
• Project management experience desirable
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
• Meeting with City of Watsonville staff members.
• Developing contacts with potential coalition partners.
• Schedule meetings between them and SSRF.
• Working with SSRF staff to identify roles for coalition partners.
• Working with SSRF to develop the components of the project.
• Research and writing the proposal.
• Follow up with City of Watsonville staff.
This is a time-limited consulting position and is open for application immediately and begins as soon as possible. Salary and hours are negotiable, depending on experience and availability. Please submit a brief cover letter and resume or CV to Robert Stayton at firstname.lastname@example.org and Ronnie Lipschutz at email@example.com. If you have questions about the job, please write to Ronnie Lipschutz.
SSRF does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.